Friday, November 6, 2009

Prayer request for JT

Hi all,

We have a prayer request specific for this weekend. We got a call from one of JT's doctors the other night to let us know how his brain scan went. The good news is there is no bleeding in his brain. That is a huge praise!! Then she proceeded to tell me in doctor terms (no definite answer or explanation) that the radiologist had some concern about an area in his brain around some ventricles. When I asked what the concern was she said that nerve fibers of his limbs run through that area of the brain. That was about all I could get out of her. She said she wasn't overly concerned but sometimes I feel like they say that so you don't worry too much. Honestly, I am not worried, but I would really love some prayer on this paticular issue. Justin will have another brain scan on Monday to determine if there are any changes. When I asked if changes were good or bad, I got the "it depends" answer. So sadly I don't have much information just that there is concern over an area of his brain. So please pray that the brain scan on Monday comes back showing no reason for ANY concern! JT has been doing SO well!! He is so strong and such a fighter. The doctors are all impressed with how he is doing and so are Jake and I. Please pray that God would continue to have his hand upon Justin and that his brain would be fine!

Thank you all so much for your faithfulness and prayers! We can feel the presence of the Lord in all of this. We are comforted daily by His grace and love for us!

In Him who gives us strength,
Jake and Melissa

No comments: