Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The promised update

Thank you all again for your patience.
First the orthopedist: the good news is that the bump on his hand is a fluid filled cyst and should go away on its own. Which means... no surgery! YAY! Jake and I were both relived and excited that as Jake put it "2 bullets have been dodged". So for now, no hand surgery. Instead, like everything else, we will continue to keep an eye on it to make sure it goes down and goes away.

The MRI went well. I have to say I am thankful for the friends I have who have had to put their children to sleep for one reason or another. Their preparation of the event was so helpful to me. I was calm and at peace, knowing what could happen. Jake and I were both there when JT went to sleep and both there when he woke up. The scariest part for me was the fact that he did this gasping for air kinda thing when he was put under. Apparently that is normal. Scary, but normal. After the procedure they came out to get us and took us back to his room. They warned us that they had a had a hard time finding a vein and had to prick him a "few times". They also said we might see some bruises in the areas they tried and some prick marks, but assured us that he was asleep and didn't feel anything. Now, the reason I said a "few times" was simply because I would like to know what the definition of a few times is. We counted 5 pricks on the top of one hand, 4 or the top of the other hand, 2 on one wrist, 1 on the other wrist and finally they got a vein in his foot. His poor little hands were and actually are still bruised. I kept telling myself he didn't feel it and those bruises probably don't hurt but still. A FEW? I don't think so. Maybe quite a few or even a lot would have been a better way to share this information with us.

With all that said we don't have any results. Sadly I don't think we will hear anything until our next appointment in mid January. I am going to attempt to email JT's neurologist to see if she has time to take a look and let us know what she sees.

So for now, please pray for the results of the test. Pray for our hearts that we will continue to feel the peace that passes understanding. Join us in praising God for this incredible season where we get to celebrate the birth of Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior! We are abundantly blessed and happy and overjoyed by the grace and mercy God has shown us.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments: