Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Experiencing God's peace

Although Jake and I are sad about leaving our childhood homes we are also finding a new excitement.  Looking back we can see that Jake has put his career on hold for the last three years and put his family first.  I am so thankful for my incredible husband.  He works so hard and is such a great husband and dad.  But now it's time for our family to support him and I couldn't be more excited to do so.  The last 4 years Jake has really had to take care of my physical needs (bed rest, 3 knee surgeries, cancer, preemies, NICU runs....) now, I feel God has put me in a place where I can step up and take care of my family, my husband.  I am excited for Jake.  Excited for the possibilities of growth in Texas.  I am thrilled that Jake is beginning to get excited too.
The boys are excited but I know we will have many days of sadness and wanting to return home.  Justin will have the hardest time adjusting to the new house and Ethan I am sure will have the hardest time missing friend. (except me of course, I will take the cake on missing friends and family).  Caleb and the twins I am sure will be fine.  Pray for our transition.  Pray the boys find fast friends.  Pray for us during football season as we continue to sport our skins gear weekly.

Know that the Lord is going with us.  As I have been telling people, we are sad to go, but God is in Texas too.  So, we will be okay.

A praise to share: Two of Justin's doctors (the two biggest ones) were able to recommend someone at Children's in Austin.  Austin will be about an hour away, but it's manageable.  I am just thankful for their help.  I continue to reach out to doctors to seek referrals.  Prayerfully we will get some more.  Worst case we will be in Austin a lot for all of JT's doctors.  But at least we have some doctors.

Thanks friends, this journey is no small one but when you follow the Lord you know its the right one.  We have prayed over this more than you can imagine, we are confident we are following the Lord.  It may have been with great hesitation at first, now it is with great excitement.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WELCOME to San Antonio, Melissa and Jake! You have been greatly prayed over and for before I had the pleasure of meeting you today as your new next door neighbor! The Lord is awesome and great and greatly to be PRAISED for bringing me neighbors that love Him and love children. We attend Friendship Church at Bitters and 281 and are having lunch on the grounds for everyone tomorrow and would love to have you join us. Main service starts at 11:00 and dinner immediately following free for everyone. Here is a link to our church https://www.facebook.com/Friendship.tv and I can't wait to get to know you all more! In His love,
Judy