Wednesday, April 29, 2015

"Home Stretch"

Home stretch, this is the subject line of the last email we received from our lawyer.  When I say it is emotional, I think it might be an understatement.  Ever since I learned that the neurologist is going to support us, I cry every time I talk about the fund.  I cannot control myself.  Prayer or praise, I cry.  Today we got an email stating she received the signed letter from the neurologist supporting our case.  She then asked that we read and review the petition, a long and hard read.  It is so emotional to go through and read and relive all of JT's days.  Read about the deliver, his shallow breathing, apgar scores, brain scans... I relive every long day of the NICU.  It's emotionally exhausting.  In fact, I am crying right now just thinking about it all.  As we sit, we read, we cry, we give thanks to God and we pray.  We have to read through it, make sure it's all correct.  Then after that, she wants to make sure we have ALL of the documentation she needs by Friday! This Friday, like in 2 days Friday!  Guys, this requires a miracle.  I am not kidding.  Jake has been my rock! He has been incredible.  I have found this all to be extremely overwhelming.  It's so much I just want to run and hide and stick my head in the sand.  Jake has been up until 1 or 2 in the morning compiling information, working on spread sheets (Secretly I think he likes that part) and getting as much information together as he can find.  The last bits that she is looking for is almost impossible.  We have to prove payment.  We have to prove that we paid bills, that we bought diapers. I don't know about you, but we don't tend to keep receipts.  So although we have a statement that says we paid x amount of money to target, we cannot prove that it was for diapers or a special toy for him.  Somehow, by God's grace and mercy we need to find proof that we bought him special socks and thickener so he could drink fluids without aspirating.  Somehow!
So here we are, at the end, in the home stretch and we are emotional.   You name it, we feel it.  Excited, scared, overwhelmed, overjoyed... for every emotion, there is an equal and opposite one.  So please, praise God that we have come this far.  Praise God for ALL Justin has received this month.  New equipment, a new special needs bike... all things we have been blessed by! God is providing and we see that.  Pray for our peace, for my peace.  Pray for a calming that can only be from him.  Pray we are able to gather what we can by Friday.  Pray for eyes to see and the mindset to seek and find it all.
Next week the case will be handed over to the panel of doctors.  This is it! The panel of doctors will review the case and make the decision.
My prayer:
Oh Lord, have mercy on us! Provide for JT.  When I was told of his brain injury you told me "do not worry, he is going to be okay." I heard you, I have held on tightly to those words over the years.  I have trusted you and I have seen your love for Justin.  I also have the joy of seeing his special love for you Lord.  Provide for him.  You are mighty and you are great and you provide all we have.  We praise your name and ask that you calm our hearts and our minds.  Bring us peace where angst lies.  We put our hope and our faith in you Lord.
Amen.

No comments: