Thursday, January 21, 2010

Not the news we hoped for

Today I took JT to the Ophthalmologist. After waiting for over an hour we finally saw the doctor. The exam took a matter of minutes and at the end of it all she said "well, it's not good".
I of course went some what numb upon hearing that, just like the first time I heard JT had brain damage. So what she said next is my version of a recap, about all I can remember. Some of the information might be a little off since I was in somewhat of a daze listening to her.
She went on to explain that there is a ridge or a wall so to speak that has developed. Justin has gone from stage 0 to stage 1... not good. The only question I was able to ask was what are the chances that his eyes will get better. She said they will most likely get better but we really have to watch him. So JT will now have to have an eye exam every 2 weeks and if things continue to look dim we will go every couple of days.
For those of you who worry that I haven't cried, I cried. I called my dearest girl Em and cried on the way home. Knowing that God loves me and my family and knowing that He has a plan in all of this wasn't enough in that moment. My heart broke, my heart sank. But God has sustained me once again. I told Em on the way home that I am done! I can't take anymore! I know God tells us that He will never give us more than we can handle, but I think I am done. After 2 car accidents, brain damage, eye problems, burning my fingers in hot cooking oil, the van completely breaking at the hospital... I have had enough! But as I sit here and right this I can feel God's loving arms around me saying, lean on me! Let ME carry you! So, I sit here and put my trust in Him. I am not happy but I am not depressed either. I have faith, it may be the faith of a mustard seed, but that's all He asks of us anyway.
I told God while I was driving to PT tonight that He needed to give me a song to worship Him with b/c I was angry. Some of the words from the song He gave me "...Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for thee...
He reminded me that I am not my own, but I belong to Him. He made me and He made JT. He made us all! Our purpose in life is to love the Lord our God with all our hearts, no matter the situation or circumstance!
If you want to listen to the song go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEzbwcMG9Gc

Thank you all for your prayers and support. Sometimes just know that we are being prayed for is enough to make it through a day of bad news, or sad news.
Many blessings to you all!

1 comment:

thesawhooks said...

Girl...you are a strong woman! (And I know this is b/c you are leaning on our ROCK) I am praying for you - you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers!

Love you guys - even though we know each other so little!

Rach