Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Big week with Big praises to a BIG GOD!

WOW! What a week!! On Tuesday JT had his weight check. We were praying for 8 lbs. The Lord answered! JT weighs 8lbs 2oz!! What a huge praise and blessing. We are able to keep him off any supplemental formula and feed him on demand as long as we have a scale and monitor his weight gain.
Last night Jake and I were up off and on with Ethan who had a fever of 103. By 2am I was done sleeping. Between being up with Ethan and feeding JT I didn't really get much sleep at all. In fact, I made my first mommy trip to the 24/7 Harris Teeter to buy children's motrin for Ethan, in the snow. It was one of those moments when you think, so this is what being a mom is all about. Loving your child enough to go to the store in a snow storm at 3am to get him motrin so his fever will break. On top of Ethan's 103 fever, Jake started having the chills along with shortness of breath. By 4am I was having shortness of breath and body aches. My prayers of course immediately turned to JT and his health. As of now Ethan, Jake and I all feel better. I continue to pray that JT doesn't get whatever it is that we had. With all that I was slightly worried that I wasn't going to get to JT's eye exam today. I called the office and they were open, so off we went. As I was on my way to the eye exam I spent the morning praying for several sick children. I lifted up my boys along with two of my friends children who are/were in the hospital. Knowing God had so graciously answered our prayer for JT's weight I just knew He was listening. Jake and I also spent the last two weeks praying for JT and his eye development. Our prayer at first was that his eyes weren't worse. Then, I decided to simply pray over my son. I put my hands on his eyes and specifically asked God to give him vision. I asked God to grow his blood vessels, I asked God to perform a miracle! God DID! JT's eyes are fully developed! When the doctor said everything looks good I said really?!? She said yes. I said I am going to cry. Tears welled up and I just thanked God for the gift of JT's vision! What a blessing. What a miracle!
God does listen and He does heal! God is so good to us, to all of us. He is a loving Father and He allows us to pray for specific things. God likes when we pray for specific things. He can work and His glory can shine when He answers our specific prayers. Imagine if Jake and I just prayed that JT gained weight, how would KNOW that God was answering us? No, it's in our specific prayers that God's glory shines through. We prayed for 8lbs and JT weight 8lbs! We prayed for vision and full development of JT's eyes and once again God blessed us by answering our prayers, your prayers.
The rest of this week we are just going to thank God for his glorious riches in our lives! You are some of those glorious riches in our lives. Thank you for walking with us through all of this and thank you for your prayers.

God bless you all!

No comments: