Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Time Flies

WOW how time flies!! I looked at the calendar today and realized that JT has been home from the hospital for 2 months and that on Sunday he will be 4 months old! We have been through so much in the last 4 months it's hard to recap.
Our hearts continue to overflow with love and gratitude. Lately JT has been talking up a storm and the smiles are beginning to be a frequent occurrence. All great signs that he is growing and developing! Ethan continues to be an excellent big brother. When anyone sneezes Ethan says "bless you JT". He plays with him on his mat and when JT cries or is sleeping Ethan is the first one to try to give him a binki :-) lol Ethan also comforts JT when he is crying by saying "it's okay". I love to watch these boys together. I know they are going to be a force to recon with as they get older. Thick as thieves!
It has been two weeks since our last round of appointments and we are getting ready to begin another round. This week JT will be evaluated by the county. They are going to "test" his areas of development. To be honest, I am at true peace with all of this. I feel God's loving hand on me telling me not to worry. Our pediatrician tells us that the doctors that have seen him so far are very impressed with his motor development. They are more concerned at this point with his cognitive development. But as I said earlier, JT's talking and smiles are all excellent signs of cognitive development. I am anxious (in a good excited way) to hear what they have to say when they come to visit.
As for prayer requests, if you could pray for JT's evaluation on Wed. afternoon that would be wonderful. I will keep you up to date on how that turns out. Also, my second and FINAL (Lord willing) knee surgery is just a few weeks away. Please pray for our family as my being on crutches is going to be a lot! I will be on crutches for 6-8 weeks and I will have family here to help with the boys. Pray for Jake to have supernatural strength and energy. He is going to have to help take care of me, the boys, and go to work daily. It's a lot and I am so grateful that Jake is so supportive and loving! What a great man I have!!
Thank you for continuing this journey with us. We are so blessed and thankful!

You are awesome, O God, in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God! - Psalm 68:35

No comments: