Friday, January 14, 2011

A bitter sweet day!

If you only have a minute and want to read about the sweetness of today skip to the part that is about JT. Thankfully the amazing news is in regards to JT!

Today was a crazy day. Between JT and I we had 3 doctors appointments and a phone call from another doctor. The bitter news is that sadly I have been struggling with some health issues. I am currently in a back brace to help me stand up straight and walk. Today I had another chiropractic appointment to look at x-rays and see what the problem is. My neck is not no longer in the correct position and the last disc in my back is in slight (seriously, slight!) danger of herniating. So right now we are in the midst of re-aligning my back to help my neck get back to where it should be. This will also help my lower back heal and strengthen as well as keep the disc from being damaged any further.
The phone call was for me as well. I recently found out that I might have a thyroid disorder. I asked several people to pray with and for me. My prayer was that this disorder would be a pregnancy thing and not a lifetime issue. Sadly, it turns out it is a life long issue for me. It is common but it is still frustrating. I am going to have to learn how to take medication daily and keep track of it. I hate taking meds. and I am terrible at making sure I take them regularly. Time to learn! Although I am sad that it isn't a temporary thing I am extremely thankful that it is something that can be controlled with medication. I am thankful that it was discovered and I am thankful that certain aspects of my recent decline in health can now be explained. God is good and He has a plan in all of this!! I will trust in that :-)

NEWS ON JT:
Today we had an appointment with JT's neurologist. We also got the results of his MRI... finally! The news couldn't have been any better :-) The way that I understand it (and I am not an expert) is that one, there is no further brain damage than what was originally seen at his birth. This is a huge blessing and an answered prayer! We have been praying for months that JT's MRI would show exactly what it showed the first time. The MRI not only showed no further brain damage but it showed that the white matter of his brain (the part that was damaged due to the PVL and CP) is growing! Basically there are parts of the brain that haven't decided what they want to be yet. JT's brain is teaching these parts of his brain to take over the role of the damaged white matter. Bottom line, JT's brain is learning and growing and all the signs we see in him with motor skills, language skills... all of these things were in question and although we aren't certain what they will look like we do know that miracles are in fact happening in JT!!
I feel like this is slightly scatter brained but I am so excited and I just want to share all the good news, so sorry if this is nutty. We are seeing miracles happen!! If you are or have been praying for JT please continue. Please keep praying for miracles to happen in his little life. He has been through SO much and uh, this is just such a relief!
If you are praying for JT please pray for his little body to heal. The last doctors appointment we had was with the pediatrician AGAIN :-( JT has been fighting a fever and an ear infection for over a month now. Thankfully the ear infection is not back but he is still fighting a fever. Pray for healing, complete healing!

Jake and I are so excited. JT is babbling like a little chatter box. He has SO much to say. His desire to sit up is so strong and he LOVES to stand. He is a strong little boy with so much fight in him. (some days I have to remind myself that that fight is a good thing. lol) We are so blessed by such an incredible God. We have a Father in Heaven who loves us and who knows what we need when we need it. Trials are given to every single one of us but when you have God by your side, the peace that only He can give... the rejoicing in the face of those trials and the rejoicing when the trials are over it's amazing! It's rejuvenating! It's miraculous!

Please, keep praying for JT. God is listening! Pray for our family and thank God for his mercy and grace. Thank God for the miracles we have seen in JT. Ask God for more miracles!!

No comments: