Monday, June 6, 2011

Incredible Joys in the midst of a serious time

This morning would have been a GREAT morning to have gone back to bed and start the day over again. JT woke up early which means so did I. With very heavy eyes I climbed into the shower while Jake and JT cuddled in bed. I decided that this morning I needed some serious coffee and freshly made scones. I brewed the coffee, turned on the oven and made the scones. All was going well. JT was being fed, Jake was getting E up, scones were in the oven and I convinced Jake to stick around for a scone or two. Then the day really began. Ugh, I realized I never turned on the timer for the scones. Then while heating up JTs bottle I never actually turned on the bottle warmer. Something else happened which has escaped me at this point in time. Oh well. Needless to say, heading back to bed seemed like the best idea possible, sadly, not an option for today.
But as my day was quickly heading down hill I sat at the table with Ethan for some scones. Ethan has been bringing smile upon smile to my face. With his silly 3yr old ways and goofy sayings, his beautiful smile and even better giggle.
I sit here across from my oldest listening to my youngest in the baby monitor and I know how blessed I am. Today is going to be a hard day. JT has physical therapy, then lunch, maybe, prayrfully time for a nap then off to yet another eye exam. I am fairly certain the day is harder on me than on either of the boys but that's not the point. The point is that in this what could be stressful day I am incredibly blessed. I am SO happy. I have an amazing man as a husband. He listens to me, supports me and is there whenever I need him. How blessed can I be!?! Then my boys, my sweet wonderful boys. My cup overflows today. God is so good!!
It makes me sad to think that people don't think there is a God. How can you not? Yes things are challenging in this household. We had a premie by 3 mos. who has PVL and CP. He is 1.5 yrs old and he doesn't sit, crawl, walk, talk... but he is precious! God gives us the strength to make it through each day as it comes! God gives us peace when there is no explenation for it. God gives us hope for each day; hope that JT WILL sit, crawl, walk, talk. He protects us in ways we don't see or know. He brings me smiles and joys I didn't even know were there on crazy stressful days. God is real! Yes, bad things happen. God even tells us that "bad" things will happen to us but they are always used to bring us closer to Him if we trust him. Trust God and know what I know! My joy is real! My hope is real! My peace is real! I want you to know it too!!

Pray for today if you think of it. Thank God for the joys and blessings we have already received today and pray for JT's eye exam. Pray for wisdom and clarity for Jake and I to make the best decision for JT.

No comments: