Sunday, March 22, 2020

Seeing God's provisions

Spring break was rough for us.  Usually we do a staycation. We go out to eat at Rainforest Cafe, the boys love it and we do it about once a year.  We go to the Zoo, Morgans, get ice cream... We do a lot and we make it a fun filled family event.  This year we didn't do anything.  Jake and I were both sad about it, but JT wasn't up for it.  As you have heard me say, the recover is anything but smooth.  We also learned that we are in for 6 more months of recovery THEN another 2-4 weeks of intensive rehab in the hospital. It's emotionally exhausting. 
Something you might not know, my kids struggle with anxiety, truth is, so do I. I am not medicated, for the most part I can talk myself down or pray and God grants me peace, I think that's why I pray for the peace that passes understanding for anyone I can.  For me, that has been one of God's greatest blessings. In a time where I should and could easily freak out, I am blessed with His peace. It's incredible!
Anyway, where I am I going with all of this? We didn't go anywhere during Spring Break, school was then suddenly cancelled for the unforeseeable future.  Because of the way things have gone I have zero concerns that we have been exposed to Covid-19. We have gone no where, seen no one and have been homebound for a week longer than most people.  In fact, if you count the 6 weeks prior to recovery, the only place any of us went was school and church, and church happens to meet at the school, so really, other than home, the boys and I have been to school - that's it! Talk about God's grace and peace.

Someone asked me recently how we were handling all of this, Covid coming off JT's surgery.  It's a little scary, I have medically fragile people in my house and JT is certainly one of them, but in the same regard I stop and recognize that God's timing is PERFECT! Yes, we are in a tough time, but aren't we blessed that JT's recovery presided this virus and kept us home and safe.  Our fears are greatly reduced and we are all kind of, sort of, use to being home. 

When I want to worry, and I do, God calms my spirit and says "but look". 

A verse I memorized in High School has carried me through much of life.  Although James is my favorite book of the bible, these verses in Matthew help me walk through some really challenging moments and days.

Matthew 6

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 

Sadly, I often do have little faith, yet God still calms my spirits and shows me His truth. His good and perfect truth. 

No comments: