Sunday, August 17, 2014

God's mighty hand at work!

Yesterday the owners of the house were having a yard sale.  After much debate Jake and I decided to go over and see if there was anything we might like.  I say great debate because we didn't want to be pushy or overbearing.  When we got there Jake took Caleb to check out some things.  He saw a sofa we might like so he sent me over to check it out.  I told him he needed to come with me because if we decided to get the sofa we would need to introduce ourselves and ask if they would leave it in the house or garage.
When we introduced ourselves they said they thought we might stop by.  The reason they didn't want us to walk through the house was b/c it was a bit of a mess.  I said I have 5 kids and no mess is too much for me.  They invited us in to take a look and the owner offered to watch the twins and JT who were in the car.  (E was off on a playdate) Let me just say, I know many of you have seen the pictures, this house is even more beautiful!  Jake and I are so excited! Plenty of room for our crew to move and grow.  
As we spent time speaking with the couple who sold us the house we saw God moving more and more.  They very graciously began a "getting started" pile for us.  Dish soap, sponges, paper towels, toilet paper.... the little things that are so necessary.  She had also mentioned that she had been reading our blog and knew all about our wild and crazy life.  She also mentioned that she use to work for the county special needs program and would gladly help me make sure JT has what he needs.  That is the biggest, most amazing part for us.  Moving to TX was always a bit nerve wracking because we needed to make sure JT and his needs were met.  Knowing that I have someone I can go to for advice or help is nothing short of a gift from God.  
As we were leaving she asked if she could give me a hug, and it was a hug I needed! Seems strange to accept a hug from a stranger, but not in this case.  This was the most wonderful hug I could have received.  We said our goodbyes and thank you's for allowing us to see the house and headed to the car.  As we were getting ready to leave she waved us down.  The neighbor was home and she wanted to introduce us.  Our new neighbor is AMAZING! She has 10, yes 10 kids!  5 boys and 5 girls!  Two of the girls will be in school with E and JT. As I was mentioning the logistics of picking E up from school and making sure I was home to get JT off the bus she instantly offered to help me by bringing E home daily or help in whatever way she could.  
Jake and I know that staying in NOVA last year was what God had planned for us, but we also know without any doubts that being here in TX is what God has planned for us now.  His provisions and blessings are abundant and overwhelming.  I will not lie, Jake and I had more than our fair share of hard hearts this year.   Wondering where God was, wondering what He was doing, had he forgotten about us?  Although we knew He loved us (deep down anyway) we struggled a great deal trying to find him and see him and his plan.  Know that we see his plan we are excited and thankful.  The struggles of this past year have paved the way for where we are now.  
Prayerfully, we can have a less stressful, less eventful year.  In our world, boring would be AWESOME!  

Please pray for us this week as we go to the elementary school to get E and JT registered.  Pray we are able to have JT's IEP meeting quickly.  Pray we are able to line up all of the doctors JT needs (neurology, physiatrist, Ophthamologist, Orthopedist, OT, PT, hippo therapy, and a pediatrician and dentist for all the boys) Pray for Jake as he begins his new job.  Lastly, pray that we will be able to rent the house before school starts so the boys have a bit of an easier transition.  Oh, one more, pray our stuff arrives sooner than they anticipate.    

Here are some pics of the boys on our travels:







 

3 comments:

Angela said...

What a GIFT to quickly and clearly see God's incredible and perfect provision. Truly His ways are not our and His timing is best. So thankful for the confirmation you just received as you begin to get settled in TX.

Pattie said...

When God's timing kicks in it's amazing to watch things unfold. We know He has a wonderful life planned for you all in TX. You will be a blessing to so many people and you will be blessed beyond imagination!! We are so excited to see it all unfold and have been so thrilled to hear how it is all coming about. Be faithful to follow Him and your lives will be amazing even with all the trials. And you have had your share! 10 kids next door... WOW!! Hope we can make a trip in the Spring to see ya'll. Love to everyone!!!

Unknown said...

That is fantastic news!! So happy for you guys...I mean ya'll ;) I just want to kiss all the boys faces. Love you guys!