Saturday, August 30, 2014

been waiting for wifi to fill you in!

Ok, so I have been waiting almost a week to share more of our amazing journey with you.  The owners graciously agreed to let us rent beginning last Sunday.  We went to church in the morning with our friends and then headed straight to the house.  The owners couldn't be more lovely and kind.  We arrived to a fridge full of water and fruit, as well as a welcome note and several gift cards to help us with our transition.  What a gift! I mean, really, the generosity has simply astounded me.
The house is amazing! Everything we hoped and more.  When the owners told us we were getting the best neighbors ever, I initially thought about all of the wonderful neighbors we have had in the past.  But after about 2 days it was clear, we really do have the best neighbors ever! Judy is the our neighbor and mom of 10.  She and 4 of her children knocked on the door slightly after 5:30pm on our first night here, with an incredible dinner and two folding tables and enough chairs for everyone! Ethan kept calling it Thanksgiving dinner.  It was delicious and fed us for a few nights.  Her children were all so kind and thoughtful.  She is certainly someone I hope to learn a lot of life lessons from.
The week was busy, getting the boys registered for school and having some meetings for JT to get him into the program.  He still isn't on the bus but things should get a bit easier when he gets bused.
Its also been a bit tough because we still only have 1 car.  Right now I drive E to school, then come home, load all of the kids in the car, drive Jake to work, come home, play, load the kids in the car, drop JT off at school, home, lunch, naps, wake most of the boys to go pick JT up from school, wait for E to get out of school, home, snack, play, load the kids in the car to go and pick Jake up from work, home, dinner, bath, bed! Needless to say, I am looking forward to the bus which will eliminate two of my trips and a second car which will take care of the rest. HA! FREEDOM! So, when someone asks me "what do you do all day" and tells me how bored I must get I will just refer them to this blog! Oh and my awesome neighbor said she would start bringing E home when JT gets the bus so the babies can stay and sleep.
This week we had a meeting for JT.  The meeting was fine and everything went well.  I am really only telling you this because get this... we talked about church! Yeah! On school property, in a meeting... no one was fired, shot or bludgeoned to death either! AWESOME!
Yesterday was closing and Judy offered to watch all 5 of our boys while Jake and I went to closing.  What a blessing that was! We are hoping her daughter Jackie will work with us for JT once we get medicaid.  She was home and helped and I heard they had a great time! Ethan is a BIG fan of their youngest daughter who is in 2nd grade.  One day after school (we arrived home at the same time) they jumped out of the cars and ran over and hugged each other.  I see a wonderful friendship blooming here!

One last thing I wanted to share and maybe encourage you to do.  Since we have been in TX (and yes, this has only happened in TX) people take a look at our crew and instead of the look of shock we normally get, or the all too often "wow! you really have your hands full" or the "I don't know how you do it" with a tone of you must be nuts in there.  Now we are getting "wow, you are 5 times blessed."  That has been said to us a few times now and it got me thinking.  I know my hands are full, I am very well aware that some days are simply survival days.  I look like it too.  But why I like this so much is because when I am having a down day and my hands really are so fully I am wondering which kid to donate it reminds me that I really am blessed.  So incredibly blessed! I am 5 times blessed.  Yes, my hands are full and yes some days I want to run away screaming but when someone reminds me of my blessings it lifts my spirits.  When I am having a tough day and someone says I have my hands full it allows me to have a pity party or to moan and groan.  When I am having a tough day and someone tells me I am 5 times blessed it lifts my spirits.  There is no room to complain.  How to you complain or moan when you are reminded of all God has given you.  So, I encourage you, when you see someone with their hands full, tell them how blessed they are.

There is more I want to share but my wheels are turning and this is getting long.  Now that we have internet I will try to update you more regularly.

Praise: we got 1 pod, it's empty and most of it is put where it belongs.
            One of our neighbors son's came to help us unload the pod!
            We are truly happy and so blessed.
Pray: Our second pod comes early on Tuesday.
         That JT gets on the bus schedule quickly
          That we can find a cheap and reliable car quickly
         For my Sunday.  Sunday is the toughest day of the week for me here.  I have cried each week missing MPC.  Pray we find a church home quickly.  (We are going to church with our neighbors this week.)


No comments: