Friday, October 7, 2016

Giving credit where it's due

I have been thinking a lot lately about how far JT has come.  Before the surgery he couldn't stand alone, now after 1 month of intensive therapy he is standing AND walking! It's not easy and he still has a long way to go, but HE IS DOING IT!

Everyone likes to tell me what a great mom I am, that I am supermom, that he is doing it because of my support of him.  The thing is, JT is doing it because of his amazing daddy!
IF it weren't for Jake, I wouldn't be here, we wouldn't be here.  If Jake weren't taking on the world right now, doing my job as mom and his job at work at the same time I wouldn't be here.
Although I appreciate the kind words they really belong to Jake.  HE is the reason this is all working out, he is the reason all this has happened.  So, if you think of it, take a minute to tell him how awesome he is, take time to tell him he is super dad because he is!
We don't have family here to help, neither of our moms are around to help.  Jake is doing it ALL on his own! Thankfully we are getting meals a few days a week and that is a huge blessing, but he is doing it all!

So, when you look at JT and you see how far he has come, remember his daddy who loves him and has sacrificed more than most will ever know for this to happen.
We are a team, a great team, but he is for sure my better half!

Thank you Jake for being you, for loving us so well and for giving so much of yourself and your time for our son, for all of us!

our last lunch date - looking forward to our next one. 

No comments: