Friday, May 31, 2013

WHAT A DAY!!

Today started as a fun family day.  The boys were up extra early so we decided to take them all up to Starbucks to get us some coffee and get them a sweet treat for breakfast.  We then headed home so JT could catch his bus to school.  Jake played in the yard with the boys all morning; it was a beautiful perfect morning.  We then took E to a very dear friend's house who offered to watch him all day due to my numerous doctor apts today.  I cannot tell you how she blesses us!!! Anyway, off to the surgeon we went. We met the doctor and he was lovely.  He took his time to talk to us, answer questions, ask me questions... he gave me a real peace about waiting and he really did an excellent job about answering my questions and concerns.  So, Jake and I feel more than confident in waiting until after the babies are born.  Oh yes, did I say babies??  That is the other half of our day... Before I tell the story, yes, we are expecting #4 and #5 in December!  TWINS!!
Today I had a Dr's apt to try a new Dr. out after our previous practice left our network.  This practice is one several of my friends go to and like.  So we figured why not.  We went in and they did a sonogram to see what the due date was... Immediately Jake and I began to cock our heads sideways... are we seeing what we think we are seeing.  I mean this isn't our first rodeo!  We have had a few sonograms before ya know.  Suddenly the girl turns to us and says "well, I am not sure if you know this already or not, but you are having twins."  Jake and I just start cracking up!  You see, last week I woke up from a very vivid dream.  I told Jake I thought we were having twins.  I had a dream that I saw two babies on the sonogram and I really thought we were having twins.  I guess dreams do come true! Thankfully, both babies have good strong heart beats, they are both growing well and looking good.
I keep laughing because so many people are "shocked"  well guess what, so are we!  We were planning and hoping for #4. And #5 is coming as a complete surprise!  I guess God knew I was serious about not having anymore pregnancies.  I guess he was also serious about us having 5 kids.
Fraternal twins does run in my family.  In fact, my cousins and I would always joke about who was going to be the one in our generation to have the twins.  I WIN!!!!
We are delighted, in shock and I am sure as time goes on the "oh crap" will set in.  But for now, rejoice with us!  It's crazy, but clearly we need more crazy in our lives.  God has plans for us and I truly believe he never gives us more than we can handle in him.  Trust me, we aren't going to make it through life with 5 without him.  Guess he is just keeping us close, adjusting our story for his glory.  The more God uses our lives for his glory, the better our lives are.  Maybe not on the outside, you might see a mental breakdown or two, but we are strong in Him, through Him and for Him!!
Never say God doesn't have a sense of humor!!!!  :-)
Hooray for twins!!!!  And Merry Christmas!

No comments: