Sunday, December 1, 2013

life is full of surprises

Today I went to the NICU as I normally do.  I fed the boys, well, I fed Logan.  Dylan was too sleepy to eat.  While feeding Logan the doctor came in and said "surprise! someone is coming home today"  It's always great to hear but also very shocking.  I was totally unprepared!  Ahh, yay but ahh, but okay..... I decided to hold my tongue and not tell Jake and the boys.  I decided to make it a surprise for them too.  It took what felt like forever! Plus we had a pediatric nurse subbing in instead of a nicu nurse so she had no idea how to discharge us.  But we made it!  Logan is home.  Although it was wonderful it was also terrible.  Leaving Dylan was so hard this time.  I said goodbye but didn't want to leave.  I asked Dylan to help me out and be a better eater so he can come  home too because we all missed him.  Thankfully Logan can come with me back to the NICU you daily so that is a gift in itself.  Tomorrow afternoon Logan and I will head back to see Dylan.  Pray for Dylan that he does a better job eating all of his feeds.  Once he does that he can come home too.

No comments: