Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving

This year we have so much to be thankful for.  The biggest news as of late is that both boys have healthy brains, past their hearing tests, have no heart problems, no kidney problems... basically they are doing incredibly well!! The only doctor we need to follow up with is an eye doctor.  You have to understand, when we left the hospital with JT we had follow up appointments with the neurologist, cardiologist, PT, OT, physiatrist, and ophthalmologist.  So you can imagine our joy in that we will do PT and OT with ITC (infant and toddler connection in fairfax county) and see an eye doctor and that is it!  A huge huge blessing!
Logan is just on the brink of coming home but I think they two of them are fighting to come home together.  Originally they thought he would come home today (Sunday) but he decided to have a Brady the other night and they want him to go three days without a spell.  Dylan has upped his feeds and is working really hard to get off the feeding tube.  So Logan won't come home until Monday or Tuesday at the earliest and Dylan isn't too far behind.  Once that tube comes out it's just a few days!  Jake and I are a little in shell shock as to what it's going to be like to have twins and 5 boys in this house.  Crazy days for sure.  Plus you add on all of Jt't therapy plus the twins ITC stuff... whew!  I can say I am very thankful I decided to have my surgery when I did.  I wouldn't have time to do it now! \
We are so thankful for the gifts and blessings we have received this year.  Although life is crazy we continue to count our blessings and give thanks to God.  If you don't hear from me for a while it's because the boys are home and I don't have a single minute to call my own.  Let the new normal begin!

No comments: