Tuesday, October 28, 2014

a miracle!

Today I spoke with my endocrinologist.  I have been waiting over a week to hear about my blood tests.  Let me back track a minute.  When I went in to see her she did a great job explaining things to me.  As you may remember, she also discussed my weight.  One of the other things she explained to me was that they (I don't know, the powers that be) changed the level of acceptable (insert medical term) as markers of cancer.  Those who were once considered cured were no longer considered cancer free.  They were still fine, just not cancer free and needed to be watched.  The number use to be something like a 3 and now is more like a 1.  My number...... undetectable!  That's how low it was!! .03 She said she has NEVER seen a number this low! She said I am basically 100% cancer free!  How many people ever hear that?  100%!  Not me.  As some of you might know, today is JT's 5th birthday.  I was told there was a 99% chance he wouldn't come for 2 more weeks.  He arrived less than 24 hrs later.  So I don't take 99% to mean much, but 100%, I will take 100%!
As I am sure you can tell, I am Beaming with joy!  I am praising God and thanking him for the miracle and the prayers that have been lifted up on my behalf.
The only numbers that didn't look good were my sugar levels, hence the insane diet, as well as my meds.  My meds are so high I am to skip my meds 3 days a week to get it back down!  So, other than the sugar which I am diligently taking care of my numbers are awesome! My B12, great, vitamin D levels, fantastic.  So, if I can lose this weight, I am actually going to be healthy again.
I keep telling Jake sorry he married a lemon.  Maybe I won't be a lemon anymore, maybe I can redeem myself??
Thank you all so much for praying with and for me, for my family.  I am so incredibly thankful!

No comments: