Monday, March 30, 2015

The lawyer called

I am sitting here with tears still welling in my eyes.  This morning at 9am the lawyer called.  She informed me that she was unable to speak with the neurologist on Friday because he had brought the wrong case file to the meeting.  I was so down hearted, another delay.  Then she said she just got off the phone with him and called me.  Are you sitting down? Do you have a box of tissues?  The neurologist agreed with us that his brain injury was do to a bad delivery! He is going to write a letter of recommendation stating just that.  The lawyer will now send Jt's case onto the fund.  There is really no reason they should deny him at this point in time.  It is not a done deal, but it's close! So very close!
I started crying on the phone with the lawyer.  I tried to call Jake immediately who was in a meeting and the twins therapist was here too.  I just couldn't control my tears of joy, relief and years of waiting.  The weight lifted off my shoulders is unreal.  I keep telling myself not to get ahead of myself.  It's not a done deal yet, but this letter will carry a lot of weight and it's exactly what was prayed for!
Oddly, I also find myself a little saddened by this news.  What if we had a better doctor? What if she had done a c-section.  I know, doctors are human too, they make mistakes.  I am not angry with her, I am sad.  Sad that it happened to my little boy.  In the same regard, my little boy is one of the most incredible people I have ever met! God has a plan for him, God has always had a plan for him.  God knows who he is and who he is going to be.  I find assurance in that.  Justin, my sweet, inspiring, music loving Just in Time is going to change the world one person at a time.  I do not know a single person who has ever spent time with him and hasn't been changed by him in a good way.  His smile brightens the worst of days and brings joy to the joyless.  I might be sad, but I also look at him and wonder what he will be like when I meet him in heaven.  Fully functioning brain and body.  This kid is exactly who God made him to be, and I find joy and peace in that.
 
Thank you! Thank you for praying with us, for encouraging us as we have traveled this road! Praise be to God our Father for opening the hearts of so many.  I am in awe.  I am so thankful, so humbled, so relieved.  I could go on and on but I am running out of words.  My emotions are consuming me again.  A whirlwind of joy and excitement.

No comments: