Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Virginia Birth Injury Fund update and prayers needed!!

Yesterday I received an email from our lawyer back in VA.  Her email stated that at 2pm on Friday the 27th she will be meeting with the neonatal neurologist.  (my stomach is in nervous knots while writing this).  This is it guys! If this doctor agrees that JT's injuries happened at birth then JT will get the fund.  Our financial struggles will be greatly reduced! I cannot tell you how hard this year has been and yet, what a blessing it has been.  God has granted us so much love and support through our go fund me, friends, fundraisers.  We have been abundantly blessed.
I have learned that the Lord provides my daily bread and usually no more than that.  It has been an incredible lesson for me.  There were a few weeks where, after paying some of JT's bills we had no money.  I mean, no money.  I couldn't buy bread or milk, I was eeking food out the best I could.  Then, one evening a box arrived on our doorstep.  It was an amazon prime box full of groceries! I was so confused and then I finally realized, someone bought us groceries.  It was at a time where we needed them most.  Every time I have prayed about JT's needs and medical bills God has said "don't worry, I have this"  I, being a true sinner, look to heaven and say "I am trying with all my might to trust you".  Trust doesn't come easy to me.  I am a bit of a go getter.  I will solve the problem my way.  While we have been in turmoil and I have been learning what it means for the Lord to provide my daily bread, I have come to realize that I have been trying to solve the problem on my own.  Right now I am a pampered chef consultant. It's something I enjoy and it brings in a little money to help with things.  I have been approached by several other consultants to join them in their venture.  It has always been tempting but hasn't felt right.  Why? Because I truly believe the Lord didn't want my hand in this at all.  I believe he wanted to show me that HE will provide, that HE does have this, that I CAN trust him.
So, now that I am at a point where I worry much less, where I can actively see God's hand working and moving and providing I get here.  We have been working 2 years to get here.  Now I learn the lesson of waiting.  I HATE waiting! My nerves get all crazy and I literally get stomach pains.  (Great for my diet, lol can't eat!)
Anyway, so here we are, waiting, for the final verdict.  My prayer is of course that JT would get the fund, but more than that, my prayer is that Jake and I will be at peace with whatever verdict we get.  That Jake and I will know, truly know that we are in God's hands.  That JT is in God's hands.  That the Lord WILL provide our daily bread and sometimes, no more than that.  This fund would relieve so much stress from our lives.  The need to wait to order equipment until we have money will be gone.  JT will be able to get what he needs when he needs it. Right now we have paid 1/3 of what we owe for his new wheelchair.  In NOVA it took 3-6 months to get equipment, which gave us time to save money.  Here, we have simply 1-2 weeks! We have the second payment (sort of) but not the third.  They will not give us his wheelchair until it is paid in full.  Instead of worrying, I choose to trust God,(or try my best to trust) to know he will provide in his perfect timing, which is almost never my timing.
This meeting on Friday is a huge praise and an enormous prayer!
Thank you for joining us in prayer! May our voices be raised to the one who sits on high.
Amen!

1 comment:

Sabrina Craig said...

I’m sorry to hear about JT's birth injury. Even though he is suffering from that kind of condition, you are still lucky to have him as a blessing to your family. People who fail to do their job in securing and assuring the safety of their patients are very disappointing. I can just imagine how you felt about what happened. Anyway, I’m happy to hear how life has been good to you. I hope that everything works out well for JT. Thanks for sharing that, Melissa! I wish your family all the best!


Sabrina Craig @ Medical Attorney NY