Monday, March 9, 2015

What just happened

Jake and I have had the same insurance since we were married.  It was fine insurance but, then again, not really.  Humana, wouldn't pay a dime for any of JT's equipment or needs.  His equipment was considered "durable medical equipment" and was not covered by insurance.  This never mattered because we had Medicaid for JT.  We are now in TX and have changed insurance.  We are unfamiliar with how this company works and we no longer have medicaid to back up the claims that get denied.  I will tell you they won't pay a dime for JT's botox injections because it's considered cosmetic.
Anyway, we submitted claims to Aetna, our new provider for JT's new wheelchair, a new bath chair and a new posterior walker.  The other day, I got the letter, you know that denial letter stating sorry we aren't going to help you so good luck finding the money to help your child.  I opened it up, began reading... what?!??  What is this? Jake? What is this? Does this say what I think it says??
Jake began reading... Wait, what? wait...
The insurance APPROVED the claims!  WHAT?!??!! Our insurance is paying for everything minus a few parts.  Now, those few parts in reality could still be a few hundred to a few thousand dollars, but still!  My head is spinning.  This is a miracle and an enormous blessing!
As some of you know, I have been searching for a job.  Preferably one I could do from home.  Paying for JT's medical bills is killing us and we need more income.  Every time I looked for a job my heart sank and I got sick to my stomach.  I would pray.  Every time, every single time, I heard God say "I've got this."  I would sort of say ok and drop it.  Trying my best to believe him, trust him, not take over.  I continue to sell Pampered Chef and I am now becoming an online fitness coach.  Two things I love to do and I can do from home.  Whatever money comes in is great, but it's never going to be enough.  Only God is enough, only He can provide, and He does! He provides our daily bread.  I am learning that lesson more and more every day.  God is quite literally providing our daily bread, and now with this insurance thing, I mean, wow!
God is awesome and once again, I am in awe!

Have a great day and join us in praising God for this awesome gift!

No comments: