Friday, February 7, 2020

Power of prayer

Those that know me know that I am a firm believer in the power of prayer. I believe in miracles, I have seen a miracle and that one witness forever changed me.  Often times people pray because it makes them feel good or because it's the only thing they can do to help.  I appreciate those people, but what they need to know is that it's not the ONLY thing they can do, it's the BEST thing they can do.
Last Sunday our church laid hands on our family and prayed for JT and for us. Did recovery go exactly as we'd hoped, no, but at the same time, Jake and I weren't shocked.  The doctor told us 2-3 days, all our research said 3-5 days.  Our doctor took a chance on JT (in a good way) and chose not to put him in a spica cast. This one decision will, and has, in the beginning cause him more discomfort because his body can move.  What people don't know or see is that this one move which initially caused him so much pain will in the long run pay off HUGE! He will be able to move his muscles and stretch so that when it is time to begin therapy he will be able to without being in excruciating pain. What a blessing!

This week our pastor did one other amazing thing, something that hasn't happened to us since we had the twins at 26 weeks. He asked if he could come to the hospital to pray for JT.  The quick answer was YES PLEASE! He came to check on us, wearing a cowboys hat... took everything in me not to kick him out right then and there! (hahaaaaa, kidding, of course.  We always love good friends with a good rivalry) Seriously though, he came in, visited for a bit then prayed for us and for Justin! I know it sounds like 'well that's what a pastor should do' or 'isn't that what they are there for'.  You'd think, but again, the last time a pastor did that with us and for us was back in NOVA when the twins were born. So, yes, the should, but often times they don't.  Our pastor had to drop what he was doing, work, writing his sermon, caring for others, church meetings and we are so deeply thankful. 
The next day JT had a complete turn around!

Do I believe that one act did it all, it could have, but I also believe in modern medicine.  I believe in his doctor, her care for him.  I believe that God works for the good of those who love him.  I believe that having people talk to him on behalf of others is a gift to Him but also to them.  God wants to know us deeply and he wants to be known deeply.  How deeply do you get to know someone if you pray once or twice?  I believe that God has and will always use JT to draw others closer to Him. He loves us more than we love our own children. (hard to fathom, but true) How would you feel if your kids never spoke to you unless they were hurt.

Today I want to thank you for your prayers! I believe that each and every prayer was heard. I believe that God's timing is perfect, never my own, but it's still perfect.

For those that don't know - JT comes from the first time I went into labor with Justin.  I was 24 weeks pregnant.  We were in the room and I said to Jake "What do you think of the name Justin?" Jake in true Jake form "Can his middle name be time? Like JUST IN TIME!"  I told Jake the name was a goner.... Justin was born at 29 weeks.  His name is Justin Richard, named after my older brother whom I had lost.  His nickname, JT is for JUST IN TIME - God's perfect timing!

There is one thing I know, God will always work for his glory and plan and that JT is a huge part of that plan! He touches the lives of everyone he knows. He leads people to prayer when they might not otherwise. He is Justin God's perfect time!

1 comment:

Lara said...

I love this! It brought tears to my eyes remembering prayers for my own children. Justin is so loving towards everyone and I trully believe that is God's overflowing power and gift in him. God bless!