Saturday, November 16, 2013

CANCER FREEEEEEEE!!!

On Thursday I met with my endocrinologist.  He told me the awesome news! They found 4 cancerous tumors all on the right side of my thyroid.  Thankfully none of the cancer had spread to my lymph nodes so I am officially cancer free!! I give all glory to God! I am so thankful that I do not have to take the radiation pill and be away from my family for 10 days.  God is so good and I am so thankful!
As far as my other health problems go, I have stumped the surgeon whom I met with on Friday.  When I told him about my aspiration and my painful chest he was concerned and confused.  He immediately went and consulted a pulmonologist and together they put me on steroids to help clear up whatever is going on in my chest.  If I still have pain on Monday morning I am to call his cell phone and the pulmonologist and get in for an appointment.  Since all of my work ups came back clean from my recent ER visit they feel confident that the steroids should do the trick.  This morning I took my first (only one) full breath since Tuesday!  It was a great feeling to breath again.  Right now, I am resting in bed as Jake is out with the boys running them ragged I hope. I miss my family time. I hate being laid up while they are out and about.  But I also need to remember it's not about today it's about the long run.  It's about the next week, month, years..... So, today I rest and prayerfully soon I will be out and about with my family again.
If you would first praise God for the fact that the cancer never spread!  Then pray that my chest pain is gone by Monday.  I don't want anymore doctors appointments or surgeries or anything else! I just want to get healthy.  I want my twins to get healthy and get home.  I want to be healthy by the time they get here.  That was the plan after all, to have the surgery so that when they get here I am all done with no more surgeries in sight.  
Thank you all for your faithfulness, encouragement, love, prayers, and words of wisdom.  

No comments: