Saturday, November 23, 2013

progress

I feel like the days are flying by right now.  So much is going on with life that I forget to update the blog.  Then, when I do have time I forget what it was I wanted to say.  I know, I know, it's only going to get crazier and my memory is going to go even more when these two little ones get here.  So let's see... Dylan is on room air! No more breathing machines and he is doing very well.  Yesterday he took a few bottles which is huge because up until then he was choking and not eating from a bottle.  So this is great progress and I am hoping to get in and feed him later today.  His last brain scan came back clean and they will take a look at his PDA on Monday I think.  So please keep him in your prayers.  Pray that valve has closed!  His kidneys are functioning and they don't seem concerned about it at all.  It looks like our prayers were answered and his body just didn't like the fortifier.  Once they made that change and flushed his system he has had no concerning labs.
Logan is in an open crib! He is in the process of gaining strength and energy to eat every feed on his own.  One of the list of 3 things he needs to do before he can come home.  He is a great eater and more often than not he is able to take his entire feed.  I got to nurse him for the first time yesterday too and he was awesome.  It looks like Logan will be home very soon!  My guess is the first week of December.  He still has little things that he needs to do.  He needs all of his screenings/procedures, car seat test (they have to sit in the car seat for 90 minutes without having any episodes) All in all the boys are doing very well.
We are so thankful to be at Fair Oaks hospital. If you are local and still having kids, I have been to almost every hospital in the area and this by far is my favorite.  Faifax is great and you can't beat their expertise but Fair Oaks is lovely.  A calming, peaceful environment and the food isn't half bad either.

As for me, I am doing well.  My recovery wasn't anything like what I expected.  I was up and on my feet a few days later.  I get tired and my neck is still sore and bruised.  The pain in my chest is gone, and I am able to take deep breaths once again.  I still don't have my voice back and I would like to.  I keep thinking this is God's way of teaching me not to yell at my children in frustration.  Guess I need to get better at that before my voice comes back.

We are looking forward to the holidays.  We are really looking forward to having our family of 7 all together for Christmas.  We plan on spending the vacation at home, just us.
Once again, thank you for your prayers.  Pray I learn my lesson and get my voice back please.  If it's not back in a few more weeks I am going to need to see an ENT.  I would of course like to get all that done before the new year.  Anyway, keep praying faithful friends and keep giving glory to God.  We struggle with that some days, when everything seems to go wrong.  Pray for my incredible husband.  Jake has done his best to work from home for weeks almost months now.  It is a challenge because I am not much help yet.  Pray for his strength and endurance as he carries the largest load of us all.

No comments: