Sunday, November 10, 2013

recovery

Much to my surprise the pain from this procedure is nothing compared to the pain of a c-section.  I am doing well today.  The first two days were frustrating.  Not too painful but more just frustrating.  I have been aspirating on fluids and today is the first day I have been able to drink without choking.  For that I am so thankful!  I feel like this challenge has given me a new insight into the lives of at least 3 of my children.  The NICU experience of breathing but not getting enough O2, and now aspirating.  We use to feel bad for JT, and even get frustrated with him aspirating.  Now being on the other side of it and being unable to control it myself I know how frustrated he must have been.  How sad and how hard it was on him.  I am so thankful he is able to drink his fluids now without having to go through this.  It's a terrible and helpless feeling.  Thankfully, yesterday and today I have been on a few doses of IB profin and nothing more.  Usually a dose in the morning and then one in the evening when I am exhausted.
Since getting up and moving is good for me Jake and I are planning a quick trip to the NICU to see the boys.  As we hear from the nurses, both boys are doing well and are on the up swing. This week we hope to find out more about Dylan's kidneys.  He is off all extra medications and we will see how his labs come out throughout the week.  Please keep him in your prayers! The 12th will be the boys next eye exam and if everything looks okay they will be transferred to our hospital.  We are RAELLY looking forward to that!  A 7 min drive to the hospital, private room for the boys.... a few nurses we know from JT's stay in the NICU... all great things!  We are looking forward to that as well as to the free parking :-)  It's the little things in life sometimes, ya know. Anyway, this week could be a big one for us.  I will have 2 post op appointments towards the end of the week, we will know about the boys eyes, the boys might be transferred.... Exciting times!
Thank you for your faithfulness in loving us, caring for us, reaching out to us, praying for us.  Doing what you can from where you are.  We are so incredibly blessed.  Tired, but blessed!

1 Chronicles 16:10-12

10 Glory in his holy name;
    let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
11 Look to the Lord and his strength;
    seek his face always.
12 Remember the wonders he has done,
    his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,

No comments: