Thursday, November 7, 2013

Meet Logan!  He is dressed and off all breathing machines!  He has been doing a great job too.  We are so happy and feel so blessed by his progress.  On top of that, he had another brain scan and everything looks good!  

Today is a busy day for us.  Today we will get our boys off to school, head to the NICU for about an hour or so, then head across the hospital to check in for my surgery.  Yes, today is the day.  Today I will have my thyroid removed.  I am sad about this, not looking forward to it at all, but as many have reminded me... it's better for me to be here for my kids than to wait and let this thing grow and potentially kill me.  So my prayer requests are that you pray for my peace.  Pray for Jakes peace.  Pray for a steady surgical hand.  (I would like to keep my voice when this is all over) Pray for no reaction to the anesthesia.  Pray for my mommy heart as I will be out of commission yet again for about another month.  
I have received lots of scripture verses that I am so thankful for.  The Lord is my strength!  Let His will be done and not my own.  Let him use me and this life and these situations to reach others, to touch others, to call others to him.  Jesus loves me friends, I am in good hands... he loves you too!!

No comments: