Thursday, November 14, 2013

Nothing like a trip to the ER and more

On Sunday I had some pain in my neck and shoulder.  It made it uncomfortable to sleep but I thought, I just had surgery on my neck, it's probably just irritated from that.  I had stopped taking pain meds on Saturday because I didn't think I needed them.  On Monday I was feeling good, so I walked just over a mile to pick up Ethan from school.  By the time I got home I was tired.  But Dylan got off CPAP that day and I HAD to see him.  So, I rested and headed off to the NICU that night.  The next two days I was having some back pain and some chest pain but thought I would wait it out and see what happened.  Jake and I headed to the minute clinic at CVS yesterday evening hoping for a quick diagnosis of something curable.  I was fine :-/  Trust me, I was not fine!  I went home, tried to go to sleep.  By the time I got around to asking Jake for some IB profin I could hardly breath! No position was comfortable.  I couldn't sit, lay down, stand.  With every breath it felt like I was being stabbed! So, off to the ER we went.  I was seen quickly and the staff was wonderful.  I had a ton of tests because they wanted to rule out a blood clot in my lung.  After a few hours in the ER all my results came back clean.  My diagnosis was that I over did it, let the pain get too far ahead of me and needed so serious pain killers.  The pain meds they gave me at the hospital made me dizzy and woozy.  Even if I could drive, I couldn't.  I got home, got to sleep a little and have spent the day today in my pajamas napping and pumping.  Oh, and taking rx strength IB profin.
I lost my train of thought because the NICU just called to tell me that Dylan is ready to be transferred.  When I asked about Logan they didn't know.  So I am now not resting, getting up, dressed and heading out the door to the NICU to make sure both boys are being transferred at the same time!

NEW DAY:
Today is Thursday and this morning we got the call.  The boys are being transferred at noon!  I began to make arrangements for a sitter tonight so we could go and visit them in their new room :-)  YAY!!  A few hours later, we got another call.  The transfer is off.  We don't really know why other than our insurance company stopped it :-(  So, now we wait again and unless they get transferred this evening they won't move until Monday.  Too bad too because we were really really looking forward to having them so close.  I could take multiple trips a day if I wanted to with them so close.  But, sadly, looks like that is going to have to wait.

On another note, I saw one of my doctors today and there was some awesome news! They found 4 cancerous tumors in my thyroid.  When the checked the surrounding lymph nodes they found no cancer! They got it all!!! Which means no radiation pill, no 10 days away from my family, and no more cancer!  I am so thankful just give all glory to God.
I had a hard time going forward with the surgery.  Up until the day I went in I was feeling great!  I didn't want to have the surgery but I am so glad I did.  My prayer was that if God didn't want me to have the surgery he would in some way stop it.  He didn't and so I went forward.  Now I am officially cancer free and trying to recover from my chest pains.  I am not sure what is going on and I will be seeing the surgeon tomorrow. Prayerfully he will have some answers as to my pain and the lack of voice.  Medically speaking my voice should be back, but it's not :-(  Everyone here is getting frustrated.  I am frustrated no one can hear me, Jake is frustrated, the boys are getting frustrated.  We are living in a discouraging and frustrating state right now.
I have decided this is God's way of teaching me not to yell at my kids so much.... yes, I yell at my kids. So, pray for my temper, pray for my heart and pray for my voice to return sooner rather than later!

No comments: