Saturday, October 5, 2013

Dylan's results

Last night we were able to get to the NICU again.  Always such a blessing.  The boys had a lovely night nurse who told us that Dylan's brain scan came back CLAEAN!  I cannot express the gratitude and praise I have to the Lord in these moments.  You have to understand, having been through this before there are certain milestones we or I (Jake is more relaxed about it than I tend to be.) wait for.  When JT had his second brain scan we learned of his brain bleed and his cerebral palsy.  When JT had his heart scan we learned he had an open valve in his heart.  All we have to go on is what we have already been through.  With each passing day and each passing test, scan, result we are relieved.  So, I cannot express my deepest gratitude towards the Lord for the gifts and blessings being bestowed upon us and upon our twins these days.
They are both out from under the lights, they are both still breathing on their own.  Neither of them has a brain bleed.  Dylan does have some blood sugar issues and an open artery right now but the kid is incredible!  Dylan born at 1lb 15oz is now 2lbs 3oz!  Logan who has been struggling and lost over a pound since birth is doing so much better!  He went from 2lbs at birth down to just under 1lb and is now 1lb 14 oz!  I know it's so tiny and so small, but it so huge too!! They could be struggling so much more than they are.
I have had so many people tell me they are praying for us.  I know they are!  I know there are people are there praying the prayers I can't right now.   I am thankful that they stand up for us, with us in times to trial.  People who don't know the Lord might not understand all of this and it makes me sad.  But my hope is in the Lord.  My joy is in the Lord and I am ever thankful for his gifts in my life!

Please continue to pray for the boys health and development.  They still have a very long road ahead of them.  Pray for our hearts towards those who are making things more difficult for us instead of easier.  Pray we would have love and compassion on them.  Pray the light of Christ would shine through us as we endure these trials.  Pray for our son Caleb.  He is only 19 months old and having some attachment issues as we often leave to go to the NICU during the day.  Pray for Jake as he is Mr. mom, still trying to work some, run the household, the finances... He has so much on his shoulders right now.  Please remember to praise God for my incredible husband and remember to lift him up for strength, endurance, peace, and supernatural energy :-)
Pray for Jake and I as we begin the journey of our next "adventure", my surgery.  The doctors appointments for that begin this week and surgery is scheduled for November 7th.
(For those of you who are following the boys and have no idea what I am talking about, I have thyroid cancer and will have my thyroid removed on November 7th.  Another 2-4 week recovery for me)

Thank you all and may you see the blessings of the Lord in so much of what you see today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOD IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD!!! :)