Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Trial and error

First we start with Dylan.  I spoke with his doctors yesterday and right now there is still no cause for what they are seeing in his blood work.  So the first thing they have decided to do is change the formula they add to my milk.  When they are so little they need calories but they can't eat the amount of calories needed so they add formula to my milk to boost the caloric intake.  Anyway, they think his kidneys were having a hard time processing the formula.  (this is all fine with me b/c I don't like formula and don't give it to my kids.  I gave it to JT for a short while when he came home from NICU but God blessed me with a great ability to nurse my children... so I take full advantage of that.)  So they have changed his formula and are suppose to begin his feeds again today with the new formula.  If things work out then it was the formula.  If the blood work goes wonky again then there is still an undiagnosed problem and the trial and error will begin in another way.
The good news is Dylan is doing very well on SIPAP and they are considering taking it down a step to CPAP.  YAY!!
Today, both boys had their first eye exam.  I haven't spoken to doctors yet but am planning to call as soon as I have a quiet moment.  (BWAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!)  Cause that happens often.
Logan continues to do great.  He still has brady's (spells where his heart rate drastically drops) but he is able to bring it back on his own and very quickly.  Due to how well he is doing they are talking about taking him off the machines next week!!!! HUGE progress.  Of course, Jake and I have been through this all before so we know that just because they come off of a machine doesn't mean they won't go back on.  Sometimes they do well for a few days but it's such hard work for them to breath all on their own they just get too tired and need the extra support.  So prayerfully the doctors don't rush and the timing is right for both boys.

We are so thankful for your prayers.  Your support, emails, text messages, phone calls.... mean so much to us.  We are both tired these days and not looking forward to my surgery which is next week but we do believe the Lord will carry us through.   Yes, I am going forward with the surgery.  After speaking to my doctors I have decided to stay on track.  Although, my prayer is that if I am wrong (I have been known to be wrong from time to time, but don't tell Jake) the Lord will intercede and stop the surgery somehow.  If that happens than I will trust in God's plan and wait on the surgery.  So pray for God's hand to move and direct my path.  Pray for our strength and energy.  Please pray that we don't get sick and that we stay healthy.  The 3 big boys got their flu shots today.  Continue to lift up Logan and give praise to God for how well he is doing.  Pray that the formula was in fact the problem for Dylan's kidneys and that while on the new formula he will be able to regain strength, energy and catch up to his big brother (by 2 minutes).
Many blessings to you all and know that as you pray for us we give thanks and praise for you!

No comments: