Tuesday, October 15, 2013

prayers for Dylan

This morning I got a call from the NICU wanting to give me an update.  This isn't a very unusual thing, they call at least once a week to give us an update.  Although Jake and I go almost daily we don't often see the doctors so they call and check in.  This morning nothing was too different, since we are there often we know most of what they tell us.  Then the other shoe dropped.  Dylan has PDA, again, which we knew about.  Sadly though, it's getting worse.  PDA is basically an open valve in his heart.  It's open in the womb but suppose to close after birth.  It's very common in premies.  They usually tend to close within time.  Dylan's is not closing, it's getting larger.  Today the doctor heard a heart murmur, something not heard before.  They did an echogram and it showed the valve was larger.  Friends, we need a miracle!  If the valve continues to grow it will mean open heart surgery for Dylan.  Please please please join us in praying for a miracle!  Pray this valve not only closes but closes quickly.  Pray that as the doctors follow him and his heart that they will be stunned by Gods goodness and glory.  Not to be selfish but with all we have on our plates I really really don't want Dylan to have an open heart surgery!  I am scared.  Trying not to be, but I am.  I am doing my best to lean on the Lord, trust in Him, in his plan and good works but I am scared.

Please lift up Dylan for a strong and healthy heart.  Pray for Jake and I that fear would not make it's way into our thoughts and hearts.  Pray that we will trust in the Lord with all of our hearts and lean not on our own understanding.

    Philippians 4:7
    And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

No comments: