Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Days like today

On days like today I feel normal.  I feel like this is how I want my life to be.  Today I feel healthy and strong.  Today I have little help with my family and I like it that way.  Don't get me wrong, we are SO blessed to have all the help we are being given.  We need it and we appreciate it and are abundantly blessed by it.  But it's a lot to process for me and the boys.  Today my house is quiet.  Jake and I got E and JT off to school, Caleb is napping and I am doing the things I am meant to do.  Sounds silly but I am cleaning the kitchen, organizing paper work for the boys, updating the calendar, putting laundry away.  This is the life I wanted, dreamed of.  Again, I know it sounds silly, but I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom and these days when things just feel right bless me.  Today will be a "normal" day and tonight we will go to the NICU to see the boys.  Today I am filled with joy, happiness, peace.  All gifts to be treasured and cherished.  In a week things will change yet again and I will be healing from yet another surgery.  In a week things will be exhausting again.  I am not looking forward to "in a week"  I am here today and happy today.  Can't ask for more... today I have my daily bread.

No comments: